Rails fo Sheffield have revealed the first livery sample of their exclusive 18000 Gas Turbine "Kerosene Castle" in OO. Produced in partnership with Heljan, the model has advanced in leaps and bounds since announcement back in November 2019.
This first livery sample depicts 18000 in her later BR lined green with orange waistband lining (1957-60 condition) with late BR crest.
Model Specification will include;
- 21-pin DCC socket with easy access
- Space to easily install a speaker for DCC sound
- Directional LED Lighting, Cab lighting and engine room lighting!
- Heavy die-cast metal chassis with central motor and flywheels giving powerful performance
- Separately fitted wire handrails and sandpipes
- Spoked wheels
- Etched grilles
- Sprung buffers
- Flush glazing
- An optional Western Region style train reporting number frame and numerals will also be included in the package, allowing modellers to add this distinctive WR feature to the front of the locomotive.
Three variants are to be produced:
- BR Gloss Black with Silver Trim (1949-56 Condition)
- BR lined green with orange/black waistband lining (1956-57 condition) and early BR crest
- BR lined green with orange waistband lining (1957-60 condition) and late BR crest
Delivery is expected Q1 2021 with an expect price of £199.99.
For more details and how to pre-order see Rail of Sheffield's website.