Industrial kit manufacture Planet Industrials has announced the development of their first ready-to-run model, the Kerr Stuart “Victory” 0-6-0T in OO.
Stephen Fulljames and James Hilton started the business in 2019 offering a range of models, kits and components in 1:76 scale specifically suited to industrial prototypes, with the "Victory" marking the next big step in the company's ambitious plans.
Design work for the project is now complete, with development of the tooling underway. The model will feature a high torque motor, flywheel driven chassis with darkened RP25-110 profile wheels, highly detailed accurate body with separately applied details and a NEXT18 DCC interface with pre-fitted speaker. All being well it is hoped the first of the engineering prototypes will arrive in early 2021.
The model will only be available direct from Planet Industrials.
DC/DCC ready locos will retail at £130 plus P&P. Pricing for DCC fitted and DCC sound fitted variants TBC. An exclusive discounted price with a deposit pre-order scheme, will be launching soon.
• An injection-moulded ready-to-run body
• Over 200 individual components
• Die cast metal chassis
• Fine scale RP25-110 wheels
• Six-wheel electrical pickup
• High-torque flywheel-equipped motor, driving the rear axle
• 40:1 precision gearbox for slow, smooth running
• DC/DCC ready, DCC fitted and DCC sound fitted
• Full cab detail
• Sprung buffers
• NEM coupler pockets at correct height
• Optional details including front steps and toolboxes
• Etched works plates fret with all 10 works numbers
Four liveries are currently being planned, covering a selection of W^D and private owner liveries:
• Lined black - satin black with simple red lining
• Plain black - satin black, lettered “ROD 608”
• Lined green - satin dark green with straw-yellow lining
• Lined grey - satin mid-grey with white-black-white lining, lettered “IW&D 12”
We look forward to bring you more developments on the project and hopefully a full review in a future edition of Railway Modeller!