Dapol has revealed images of the first livery samples of its forthcoming GWR large Prairie in OO. Announced in December 2017 the project has quietly been in development over the years, with these liveries samples being the first glimpse of the physical model.
Proposed features include;
- Pull out PCB with Next-18 DCC Socket (located behind the smokebox door)
- Five pole motor with 30:1 gear ratio
- Die-cast chassis (model weighing around 350g)
- Full profile cylinders
- Extensively detailed cab interior with integrated firebox glow
- Two bunker variants and models with or without cabside shutter where appropriate.
One neat feature demonstrated is the removable cab section, providing easy access ton install an engine crew to the cab.
Seven liveries are planned for the initial batch, covering a selection of GWR & British Railways guises, all of which will be available DCC Ready (priced at £139.95 RRP), DCC Fitted (£165.95 RRP) or Sound Fitted (£285.95).
It's worth noting that these are still early samples with a number of changes still to be made. Naturally, we look forward to bringing you a review of the finished article when ready in a future issue of Railway Modeller. Watch this space...