Dapol has announced plans to produce the London & South Western Railway B4 0-4-0T Dock Tank in O gauge. The announcement, along with the reveal of the approved CAD work was made during the second Guild O Gauge virtual show, held online on 6th March. The model seems a natural choice, follow the previously released OO version (see review, RM September 2018).
Tooling provisions will allow for four cab types, two different boilers, two forms of chimney, as well as other prototypical features such as water injectors and buffers catered for. Specifications will include a slide in PCB – with 21 pin DCC socket and provisions for two sugar cube speakers, removable cab roof, fire box glow and five pole motor.
Six versions have been B4 have been confirmed;
- 7S-018-001 No.96 Normandy in black with sunshine lettering (as preserved)
- 7S-018-002 No.90 Caen in Southampton Dock lined brown
- 7S-018-003 No.88 in Southern black
- 7S-018-004 No.30084 BR early black
- 7S-018-005 No.30096 BR late black
- 7S-018-006 No.91 in L&SWR lined green
Each model are planned priced at £230.00 DCC Ready, £260.00 DCC fitted and £360.00 sound fitted.
The CADS have been approved by the design team, with the factory about to start work on producing the tooling necessary for mouldings. Delivery planned for second quarter 2022.
For further details on both projects, go to;